my addiction for smoothie bowls
Maybe you realized my huge amount of smoothie bowl posts on Instagram? I got a real addiction! It is really important to me to start the day with lots of energy and happiness. And what could make me more happy and satisfied than a bowl with fresh and colorful fruits?!
I love having breakfast or brunching! I rather wake up earlier to eat breakfast first than going to school or work hungry. (Or with a grumpily stomach.. 😛 )
If I know early enough that I’ll be in a hurry tomorrow, I prepare it the night before and put it in a take-away box or jar to bring it with me.
I got a lot of questions on how I mix and prepare them, so here are some tips from my side! Enjoy 🙂
ingredients for a power-breakfast
- For the base I use a cup of vanilla or nature yoghurt
- then I add some of my beloved coconut milk or normal milk to make it more liquid
- if it is a hot summer day I put some frozen fruits as well into a blender to cool it down
- use a bowl which is big enough to add some toppings!
- and here my topping ideas: your favorite cereals or cornflakes, seeds and nuts, fresh fruit slices (mango and passion fruit are my all time favorites!), protein powder or superfood booster (for example from Natural Mojo or Fitnessguru).
Actually you can use whatever you like or is available in your fridge or storage! Last week I got a tip to use coconut water instead of coconut milk and it tasted heavenly delicious!
So if you guys have some more tips for me to try out just make a comment below or send me an e-mail with your favorite smoothie bowl recipe! 🙂
smoothie bowl inspirations from my side
(Sometimes I also use Pinterest and search for “smoothie bowls” to get new ideas…) 🙂
Trackback from your site.